Visiting a church can be challenging. Where do I go? What time does everything begin? What's available for my children? We want your visit to Calvary to be refreshing and beneficial for you and your entire family. Experience inspiring music, helpful teaching and preaching, friendly people, and a place where you will feel welcome and "at home."
Here are the answers to a few questions you may have. If we missed one, please contact the church office by phone (864.967.7803) or by email and we'll help you any way we can.
WHAT ARE THE SERVICES LIKE?
- Our 10:30 am worship service combines traditional hymns and newer songs with clear, practical preaching and teaching from the Bible. Hearing assistance devices and sign language interpretation are available.
- We gather together again each Sunday evening at 6:00 pm to worship and enjoy fellowship around God's Word. On several Sundays through the year, we meet at
1:30 pm for afternoon services that replace our Sunday evening gathering.
- In our services, Pastor Taylor preaches and teaches directly from the Bible, using the New King James translation as his primary text. Bibles are provided in our pews for anyone who does not have one to bring.
As a church, we recognize the value of all good translations of the Scriptures. We respect each person's freedom in choosing a Bible translation for personal and family use. The basis for our fellowship and unity is not a particular translation of the Bible, but the eternally enduring Word of God.
RECEPTION FOR NEWCOMERS
We have a Guest Reception Area in the Atrium where you can meet members of our pastoral staff after each morning service. Our pastors and their wives are there to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
No matter what your personal style, you'll be comfortable. If you prefer dressy, business, or casual attire, chances are there will be others dressed much like you when you visit.
- Toddlers and children learn while they play, so their clothing often reflects their play and hands-on learning activities.
- Junior and senior high students dress casually on Wednesday evenings because games and events are sometimes held outside.
We have parking near the main entrance for our guests. When you arrive, let our parking attendants know that you're new to Calvary and they'll direct you to a good parking place.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
Friendly greeters will meet and direct you to the auditorium, classrooms, or nurseries. Greeters and ushers will be happy to answer any questions you may have during your visit. Information is also available at the Information Center in the Atrium.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ARRIVE?
WHAT ABOUT INFANTS, TODDLERS, AND CHILDREN?
- Supervised nurseries are available during all services freeing parents to worship, receive instruction from God's Word, and participate in ministry – confident that their children's needs are being met.
- Calvary's Youth Group – for junior and senior high teens – meets on Sundays in the Chapel at 9:00 am, and on Wednesdays at 6:45 pm.
One of the best ways to meet others and develop friendships is to be involved in a Sunday Class. Many classes are available from which to choose. Our classes give opportunities for fellowship and spiritual growth.
HOW CAN I MEET OTHERS?
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT CALVARY?
- Attending a service or class is a good start. When you're here, be sure to visit the Information Center in the atrium. Friendly people are there to answer your questions and provide you with information about Calvary's ministries and events.
- If you're interested in becoming a member of Calvary, or if you want more of an in-depth look at the ministries here, then the Calvary Connection Class is for you. It's a two-week class that meets on select Sundays at 9:00 am.