CHURCH WORK DAYS
Friday, May 31, and Saturday, June 1
The mulch beds bordering Davenport and Grandview need your help! Please join us to pull the weeds that have appeared with the spring weather. Choose one of two options or come both times: Friday, May 31, 12:00–5:00 pm and Saturday, June 1, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Bring work gloves, spades, plastic bags, wheel barrows, and rakes. Please contact Nathan Richmond at 864.630.3342 with questions.
CALVARY CONNECTION CLASS
Sunday, June 2 and 9, at 9:00 am
Want to know more about the ministries at Calvary? Have questions about church membership? Then the Calvary Connection Class is for you.
Meet and interact with our pastors in an informal small-group setting. Get answers to questions about our beliefs and ministries. Find out how you can make meaningful friendships and be involved. Completing the class is the first step to becoming a member.
The next two-week session begins at 9:00 am, on Sunday, June 2, in the back seating area of the Atrium. Register Here »
GOLDEN GEMS BARBECUE
Monday, May 20, at 5:00 pm
Senior adults – You’re invited to a barbecue dinner at Pastor Robert’s home on Monday, May 20, at 5:00 pm. We’ll enjoy fellowship and some delicious Bucky’s pork barbecue and chicken. The cost is $8.50 per person.
Bring your favorite dessert and a lawn chair. Please sign up, pay, and get directions to the Graziano’s home at the Information Center.
Outreach to Muslim People • Saturday, May 18, at 6:00 pm, in Room A-1
Calvary member Bob Rutledge hosts Friends International on the third Saturday of each month. Enjoy Middle Eastern food, sing hymns in Arabic and English, and hear the preaching of God's Word in Arabic.
You are invited and encouraged to bring an Arabic-speaking neighbor, co-worker, or friend with you. The purpose is to provide an opportunity to reach others with the Good News of Jesus Christ. There is no cost to participate.
CHARLEINE HAWKS – GRATITUDE FOR 25 YEARS OF MINISTRY
Appreciation Fellowship • Sunday, June 2, After the Evening Service
GRATITUDE – On Sunday, June 2, we will gratefully recognize Charleine Hawks for her faithful service in Calvary’s nursery ministry.
She is retiring from her role after serving in Calvary’s nursery ministry for 25 years – the first two as a monthly assistant at Calvary’s original location on West Curtis Street and 23 years as the Nursery Coordinator since the church moved to Grandview Drive in 1990.
She now enjoys ministering to the children of those who were in her nursery 25 years ago.
FELLOWSHIP – After the evening service, everyone is invited to the Atrium for refreshments and fellowship in Charleine’s honor. In order to make sure there is enough for all to enjoy, we’re asking each family to bring some food items.
- If your last name begins A-G, please bring desserts such as cupcakes, cookies, dessert bars, doughnuts, or any other sweet finger-food treats.
- If your last name begins H-M, please bring savory sides such as cheese and crackers, vegetables and dips, fruit, etc.
- If your last name begins N-Z, please bring hors d’oeuvres such as sub sandwiches, tortilla roll-ups, pigs-in-a-blanket, sausage balls, or any other bite-size appetizers.
SUPPORT – In lieu of personal gifts, Charleine has asked the church family to focus our resources on some needs of the nursery ministry. Therefore, we’re planning to renovate the two infant nurseries. You can participate by making a donation in her honor toward the purchase of these items:
- 20 board books ($5 each)
- Toys of various kinds and sizes ($5-50 each)
- 1 Boppy nursing pillow ($30) and 4 covers ($10 each)
- 3 pads for baby changing tables ($30 each)
- 2 Bumbo infant seats ($40 each)
- 6 ExerSaucers ($80 each)
- 6 infant swings ($80 each)
- 8 rocking chairs for infant and nursing rooms ($100 each)
- Crawley play-mats ($140) and bumpers ($140)
- 3 cribs ($200 each) and 6 mattresses ($60 each)
- Mirror and balance rails ($175)
- Paint for all rooms ($30 per can)
- Decor for all rooms ($750)
Designate “NURSERY RENOVATION” on your giving envelope or when you give online.