Family Memory Guide
Family Life Ministries engage children with Bible truths, help parents review weekly lessons, and equip families to discuss aspects of church life such as salvation, communion, and baptism.
CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL
God chooses Jacob over Easau (Genesis 25:21-26 and 27:1-29).
- Principle – God sovereignly chooses whomever He wants to accomplish His purposes.
- Prompt – Ask your children:
- What were the names of the twins born to Isaac and Rebekah?
- Which brother did God choose to receive the birthright?
- How did Jacob steal the inheritance?
- How was God gracious to Jacob?
- Practice – Help your children apply these truths in the following ways:
- By patiently waiting for God's timing.
- By not committing one sin to make up for another sin.
Read Genesis 32 together as a family for next week.
Week 29 – Evil's Battles with Christians
- How can I get rid of Satan? James 4:7-8 – Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- What am I to use to fight evil? Ephesians 6:10-11 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.