It is the responsibility of parents to raise their children "in the nurture and admonition of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4) and of the church to serve as "the pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Timothy 3:15) and to support and equip teaching in the home. The Children's Ministry at Calvary strategically partners with parents to disciple their children by:
- Providing classes to equip parents to teach and train their children.
- Posting Sunday School and Truth Trackers teaching online and in the weekly church bulletin for families to follow.
- Planning activities that are trans-generational and bring families together.
- Preparing children for baptism by giving resources to parents to talk with their children and by teaching a Baptism Class for children and parents.
- Protecting the role of the parents as the main disciplers by instructing teachers to inform parents when a child (whose parents are members) expresses a desire to make a salvation decision.