Visiting a church can be challenging. Where do I go? What time does everything begin? What's available for my children?
- We want your visit to Calvary to be refreshing and beneficial for you and your entire family. Experience inspiring music, helpful teaching and preaching, friendly people, and a place where you will feel welcome and "at home."
- Here are the answers to a few questions you may have. If we missed one, please contact the church office by phone (864.967.7803) or by email and we'll help you any way we can.
What are the services like?
- Our 10:30 am worship service combines traditional hymns and newer songs with clear, practical preaching and teaching from the Bible. Hearing assistance devices and sign language interpretation are available.
- We gather together again each Sunday evening at 5:00 pm to learn, worship, and share with one another.
As a church, we recognize the value of all good translations of the Scriptures. We respect each person's freedom in choosing a Bible translation for personal and family use. The basis for our fellowship and unity is not a particular translation of the Bible, but the eternally enduring Word of God.
We have a Guest Reception Area in the Atrium where you can meet members of our pastoral staff after each morning service. Our pastors and their wives are there to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.
What should I wear?
No matter what your personal style, you'll be comfortable. If you prefer dressy, business, or casual attire, chances are there will be others dressed much like you when you visit Calvary.
- Toddlers and children learn while they play, so their clothing often reflects their play and hands-on learning activities.
- Junior and senior high students dress casually on Sunday evenings because games and events are sometimes held outside.
Where can I park?
We have parking near the main entrance for our guests.
What happens when I arrive?
Friendly greeters will meet and direct you to the auditorium, classrooms, or nurseries. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have during your visit. Information is also always available to you at the Information Center in the Atrium.
What about my children?
- Supervised nurseries are available during all services freeing parents to worship, receive instruction from God's Word, and participate in ministry – confident that their children's needs are being met.
- Sunday School Classes for children 4 years old – 6th grade meet at 9:00 am. Our Children's Church meets at 10:30 am.
- Calvary's Youth Group – for junior and senior high teens – meets on Sunday mornings in the Youth Center at 9:00 am, and on Sunday afternoons at 4:45 pm.
How can I meet others?
One of the best ways to meet others and develop friendships is to be involved in a Sunday Class or Growth Group – there are a number available from which to choose. Our classes and groups give opportunities for fellowship and spiritual growth.
How can I learn more about Calvary?
- Attending a service or class is a good start. When you're here, be sure to visit the Information Center in the Atrium. Friendly people are there to answer your questions and provide you with information about Calvary's ministries and events.
- If you're interested in becoming a member of Calvary, or if you want more of an in-depth look at the ministries here, then the Calvary Connection Class is for you. It's a two-week class that meets on select Sundays at 9:00 am.