There are many ways for you to be involved in ministry to people in our congregation and community. As you read through this list, consider how God might use you to encourage others and help them to grow in their spiritual life.
As you see an opportunity that seems to fit your interest and schedule, click to contact a ministry leader. Indicate your desire to participate, ask questions, and be ready to engage. Make this a year of growth for yourself and others.
Making Connections with People
This ministry involves setting up, decorating, serving, and cleaning up for our church-wide receptions and fellowships. Teens, single adults, couples, and families can all serve together; it's also a time to get better acquainted with members of our church family.
New Member Hospitality
To help new church members get to know the Calvary family, the Hospitality Ministry contact families and asks them to host a new member for a meal or fellowship time. Current members can volunteer to be hosts. You will be contacted two or three times a year and put in contact with a new family.
Opportunities are available for you to minister to children in Truth Trackers, Calvary's discipleship program for children 3 years old through 6th grade.
- Verse Listeners – Listen to children recite their memory verses on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 until 6:50 pm, September through May.
- Mentors – Mentor, disciple, and encourage children during their teaching and activity times on Wednesday evenings, 6:30 until 8:00 pm, September through May.
Serving Others in the Church
The Calvary Connection Team consists of men and women who help connect people to key individuals and locations on the church property.
- Greeters and Guides give a good first impression of our church and escort people to the various locations on our campus.
- Hospitality Team Members serve coffee on Sunday mornings, facilitating fellowship and conversation in the Atrium as people arrive to worship.
- Information Center Hosts answer questions, provide more details about services and events, and assist people with registering for classes and events.
- Ushers direct people to their seats, answer questions, and help ensure everyone has a positive experience at Calvary.
Calvary's Compassionate Care Ministry meets the physical, spiritual, and financial needs of our members. There are many ways for you to participate:
- Funeral Ministry – Care for those who have lost a loved one by preparing and serving a meal on the day of a funeral.
- Visiting Our Homebound – This is a rewarding ministry of visiting and praying with a homebound member once a month.
- Meeting Needs – Can you prepare a meal, fix a car, wash dishes, do yardwork, provide childcare, or work on the plumbing? If you can do these things – or other jobs like them – then you can be involved in ministering to others.
- Prayer Chain – Join our team and begin praying for requests from our Calvary family.
Calvary has four kitchens which are vital to our ministries. We need people to come quarterly to keep our kitchens organized and clean. A coordinator and volunteers are needed.
We're blessed at Calvary to worship with dynamic, Christ-honoring music. Find out how you might become involved in our music ministry and use your musical ability to help direct our thoughts to Jesus Christ during our worship service.
Our nurseries provide loving care to infants and toddlers in a safe, clean environment during church services, Bible studies, and other events. Volunteers are needed for Sundays and Wednesdays and for the Thursday morning Bible study sessions.
Calvary uses technology to enhance the ministry of God's Word during worship services, Bible studies, workshops, and classes. You can become a member of this team, even if you're not a "high-tech" person. Sound and lighting technicians, videographers, and computer operators are needed. Experience is useful but not necessary; hands-on training will be provided.