Taking the Message to Different People in Difficult and Distant Places
Calvary supports more than 60 local, national, and international missionary families and ministry organizations. Each week we emphasize one to pray specifically for their needs as they take the message to different people and distant places.
We are committed to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth.
The Great Commission – Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19) – is the foundation of the missions ministry at Calvary.
Pray for Our Missionaries
Missionary Prayer Cards are available at the Missions Wall in the Atrium. These cards help us pray effectively for the missionary families and organizations we support. Each month, we’ll focus on different missionaries. Stop by the Missions Wall in the Atrium to pick up prayer cards.
- Pray for their relationship with God. We often assume too much in this area. Our missionaries do have needs in regard to their walk with God. On behalf of our missionaries, pray for their feeding on God’s Word, prayer life, control by the Holy Spirit, maturity and growth in grace, and victory over Satan and the flesh.
- Pray for their physical and emotional well-being. Many missionaries live and work in difficult climates and where diseases are prevalent. Pray for their health and safety. Also pray for deliverance from discouragement and loneliness as they are in the thick of the spiritual battle.
- Pray for their family members. Pray for the marriage. Pray for the children – for their salvation and growth in the Lord. Pray that, as a family, they will provide an excellent model for the people among whom they serve.
- Pray for their ability to communicate. Communication is key to everything missionaries do. A superficial knowledge makes it very difficult to communicate spiritual truth, but knowing a language is not enough. Missionaries must adapt culturally and communicate the love of Christ to the people they are seeking to reach.
- Pray for their ministry. Pray for witnessing opportunities, contacts with the unsaved, discipling of believers, teaching, preaching, or whatever they do to serve the Lord. Read their letters – these will give you much ammunition for prayer. Pray for boldness, open doors, and open hearts.
- Pray for their fellow workers. Many of our missionaries work with a team of co-laborers and will likely work closely with other believers. More than any other place, this is where Satan often gets in and causes havoc.
- Pray for their city and country of service. Let’s expand our prayers to include the whole country where our missionaries are located. Pray for a climate of responsiveness to the Gospel.